Among the many responsibilities of a dental assistant like maintenance and assisting of records, amongst others, among the responsibilities of a dental assistant is to assist in teaching patients about proper hygiene practices. Imagine the countless people suffering from simply with no advice and knowledge, they think about themselves and lose their smile.
What a Dental Assistant Will Teach You?
A dental assistant will inform you that not everybody is blessed with a healthy gums and teeth. But this does not mean that you must suffer for this. For one by after hygiene practices that are correct and knowing the fundamentals of hygiene, you may have healthy gums and teeth. Additionally, it would help prevent the development of more severe ailments associated with gums and teeth. To begin with care starts with teeth flossing and brushing diet and of course.
Brushing and Flossing
- Brush and floss at Least twice a day to remove plaque and food particles stuck throughout your teeth
- If you are able to brush after every meal
- Change your toothbrush and apply soft-bristled brushes to you do not damage your gums
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Clean your tongue too nicely for new breath
- Use gentle strokes when flossing so you do not scrape your gums
- Drink lots of water and consume more fruits and veggies
- If it is possible, minimize your consumption of food which has high sugar content. Rather, use food items which are sugar-free.
- Try not to eat anything before going to sleep especially in case you would not have the ability to brush your teeth after eating because food remnants will dry up and contribute to tooth decay
Regular Dental Hygiene
- Make sure to go to your dentist so that there is someone tracking your oral health. Every six months is sufficient to keep you worry-free.
- If you do not have anything to complain about your teeth, then you can also stretch your visits from six months to a year.
- Any unusual pains, bleeding or bad breath should be reported to your dentist to make certain that some of these symptoms do not turn into acute dental health issues
Other Useful Tips
- You may want to think about using rinses after brushing your teeth to maintain mouth feeling fresh daily
- Reduce consumption of alcohol and use of cigarettes since these are known causes for bad breath and teeth discoloration.
These are some of the tips that your assistant will share with you. With your San Diego implant dentist, this aspect when it comes to teaching you how to Helper is similar to your dentist care for your teeth. Heed their advice you will enjoy a rewarding life, higher self-esteem and health that is lasting.